Friday, February 24, 2012

I love "pantry" and "fridge"...

You would think that because I work from home dinner would always be on the table right on time, right? Well, think again. Despite my best intentions to have home cooked, yummy, and healthy meals for my family to enjoy every night life seems to keep getting in the way. I plan. I shop. I prep. I start dinner hours before the family shows up at the table so that I can do a little at a time. I frequently cook extra and freeze for another day. And some days I pull it all off beautifully. Others, not so much.

So the other night I was slightly panicking at dinner time. I had defrosted pork chops but had no plan. And the boys, all three of them, would be home soon. As in SOON. I rummaged through pantry and fridge, (I LOVE Chopped, the TV show, so now I too have "pantry" and "fridge".) Anyways, I rummaged around, tossed a few items in a bowl, used my new favorite wisk and created my new favorite glaze.

Whisk together 3 parts apricot marmalade with 1 part soy sauce. Add in 1 teaspoon minced garlic and a dash of salet and pepper. Pour over pork chops during last 20 minutes of baking.

Amazing. Sweet and tangy with a little touch of salt. Husband LOVED it. Tiny Toddler LOVED it. Big Five Year Old tried it and said it was "good", which is HUGE coming from him.



This was so good and so easy that it has officially made my monthly dinner rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment